My mom’s most famous recipe is her homemade snicker bars. I haven’t bought a Snicker bar… well pretty much ever. And here is the reason why…
Josee’s Famous Snicker Bars
- 2 cups chocolate chips, divided use
- 3/4 cup peanut butter, divided use
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips, divided use
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1-7 oz jar marshmallow creme
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup salted peanuts
- 1-14 oz package caramel squares
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- First Layer: Melt 1 cup of chocolate chips, 1/4 cup peanut butter, and 1/4 cup butterscotch chips in a saucepan over low heat. Spread mixture in 9×13″ pan.
- Second Layer: Boil sugar, milk and butter in a saucepan for 5 minutes. Add 1/4 cup peanut butter, marshmallow creme and vanilla. Mix in salted peanuts. Spread over 1st layer.
- Third Layer: Melt caramels and evaporated milk together. Spread over second layer.
- Fourth Layer: Melt 1 cup chocolate chips, 1/4 cup of peanut butter, and 1/4 cup of butterscotch chips in saucepan and spread over third layer.
- Chill for 40 minutes then cut into squares (don’t let it get too hard, because it will crack when you try to cut squares).
- Put the pan in the fridge while making the next layer… It helps to spread the next layer more easily.
- BUT don’t let the pan of candy sit out for long periods of time before returning it to the fridge… it will make it sweat and turn your chocolate to a powdery spotted finish.
I’ve also been lining my pan with parchment paper first. When ready I lift the whole thing out of the pan. It makes cutting easier and the finished product prettier.
Just found a jar of marshmallow fluff in the pantry……might have to make a batch 🙂
Laundry in Louboutins! I LOVE it! I will re-post this delightful recipe on my Facebook Page, where you would fit right in!
https://www.facebook.com/CatsShoesAndChocolate Please visit!
thank you so much!
i love this!