I’m always looking for fun spins on my favorite foods (especially the ones I don’t indulge in often), so when I came across this recipe I knew I had to give it a try!
- To poach eggs:
- Heat a couple inches of water in a frying pan with a 2 T of vinegar until bubbles begin to form at the bottom (but don’t boil!)
- While the water is heating in your pan, put eggs into a bowl of boiling water for 30 seconds or so.
- Then slowly crack the egg into the “bubbled water” as close to the water’s surface/as delicately as possible (as to not “disturb” the egg)
- Let them cook for 5-10 minutes until cooked to your liking.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove them and transfer to your dish.
- We love Dijon mustard and added a little bit more to the vinaigrette (closer to a teaspoon)
- I recommend tossing the arugula with the vinaigrette (reserve a bit to drizzle atop the eggs after)
- Toast the English Muffins!
- We used farm fresh eggs and Proscuitto di Parma sliced fresh from the deli and boy did it make a difference!