I kept coming across this pin but was so sad to see you needed a “spiralizer” to make it (at least make it look like it does in the picture). Anyway… fast forward a few months and I am proud to say I’ve bought into this spiralizer movement and couldn’t be happier! This thing can take numerous veggies (zucchini, carrots, beets, etc.) and turn them into noodles in a matter of minutes… and the best part? Even J loves it! To quick off my spiralizer option with you all, I wanted to first share the salad that started it all – the Tangled Thai Salad.
Tangled Thai Salad
- 1 head thinly chopped napa cabbage
- 1 cup sliced jicama (cut into small sticks)
- 8-10 carrots, spiralized
- 2 yellow beets, spiralized
- Peanut Lime Dressing (recipe below)
- 2 Persian cucumbers, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped raw peanuts
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- Put napa cabbage in a large, shallow serving bowl.
- Top with jicama sticks.
- Pile the carrot and beet on top and drizzle with dressing.
- Garnish with the cucumber, peanuts, lime wedges, and cilantro.
Peanut Lime Dressing
Makes 1 cup (I would double it… it’s so good I had to make another batch!)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp tightly packed cilantro
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp + 1/2 tsp tamari
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp peeled and chopped ginger
- 2 tsp coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tsp organic sugar
- 3/4 tsp sesame oil
- 3/4 tsp sambal oelek
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
1. Use an immersion hand blender (or normal blender) to blend ingredients above.
*This dressing will store for a week – but good luck getting it to last that long!