I am a big fan of Ambitious Kitchen and she constantly posts amazing baked goods with a “healthy” twist. Since completing the Barre3 Spring Challenge, I’ve wanted to continue healthy eating habits (low gluten, low sugar, etc.) but I still love an occasional sweet and wanted to find something that could accommodate my new spectrum. I’ve had these Blondies pinned for quite some time and finally made the plunge (no idea what took me so long… they took 5 minutes to whip up with only a 20 minute cook time) and couldn’t be happier I did!
I love the idea of “sneaking in” veggies when I can… and this whole movement of incorporating healthy ingredients is RIGHT up my alley. Avocados in brownies? Chickpeas in Blondies? Sign me up. Plus who doesn’t love a secret ingredient?!?
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 1/2 cup all natural peanut butter (or nut butter of your choice)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup (or agave or honey)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all ingredients (except chocolate) in a blender or food processor until well combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to a greased 8×8 baking dish.
- Sprinkle with a few more chocolate chips
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (edges are golden, but it will still seem a little undercooked – you don’t want it to dry out!)
- Sprinkle with sea salt and let cool.