I love a cocktail that is versatile. This drink (with a quick tweak) could be just as delicious (and seasonally appropriate) by a fire on a winter night, as it could be poolside in the middle of summer. It is also the perfect entertaining cocktail, because it is simple to make but has a fun twist that makes it feel special. What is this magical cocktail I speak of? It’s our Week 2 of our garden series cocktail – the Bourbon Thyme Spritzer.
Bourbon Thyme Spritzer
- 2 oz bourbon
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 1/2 oz honey (or simple syrup or agave)
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- Add the above ingredients to an ice filled cocktail shaker.
- Shake vigorously until the shaker starts to freeze.
- Strain into a low ball glass with a single ice cube.
**If you are fireside in the middle of December, enjoy your cocktail at this point in
4. Add club soda to your liking for a refreshing spritzer spin on this fun drink!