Wow. I wish I figured this drink out at the BEGINNING of summer. It would definitely have been my go-to… Over the course of the weekend (ok day.) we subbed 3 different fruits in place of the watermelon and all were equally delicious… love a good versatile drink!
*Disclaimer: I didn’t really use measurements with the herbs/fruit (just the alcohol), so feel free to adjust according to your preferences.
Basil Watermelon Cooler
- 4 basil leaves
- 5 slivers of ginger (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 5 cubes of watermelon (we also subbed peaches and strawberries)
- splash of simple syrup
- 2 oz vodka
- juice of half a lime
- ginger beer
- Muddle basil, ginger, watermelon (or other fruit) and simple syrup in the bottom of a cocktail shaker.
- Add vodka, lime juice and ice and shake for 20 seconds.
- Strain into an ice filled glass and top with ginger beer.