For Taylor’s 22nd birthday we had the most amazing meal at Cut in Las Vegas. One of the highlights of that meal was this delicious cocktail made of cucumber/tequila cocktail, so I jotted down the basic ingredients in my phone with the hopes of recreating it when I got home. 4 years later and I finally got around to the task… and boy was it worth the wait.
Cut Cucumber Cocktail
- 1 persian cucumber
- 5 basil leaves
- juice of one lime
- 3 oz high quality tequila
- 1 tsp agave (possibly more)
- Slice cucumber and transfer it to a cocktail shaker.
- Muddle cucumber with lime juice, agave and basil leaves until cucumbers are fully broken down and the juices have released.
- Add tequila and ice and shake until cold.
- Strain into a martini glass (or in a low ball glass with a cucumber ice cube) and enjoy!