As the temperature heats up I find myself wanting to be in the kitchen less and less. Sadly this doesn’t correlate with my appetite, and I still have to feed myself throughout the day. Luckily I picked up a copy of The Sprouted Kitchen’s Bowl + Spoon and my outlook on whipping up a quick meal has totally changed. I often associate quick meals with unhealthy or unsatisfying options, but this whole “bowl” concept is THE BEST. While Sprouted Kitchen has so many healthy recipes, I was inspired to create one of my own… I love it so much I’ve been eating it for lunch and dinner multiple times a week (for the last couple of months). The fact I’m STILL not sick of it just confirms how tasty it is!
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 carrots
- 1 mango
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 head of purple cabbage
- 2 mini Persian cucumbers
- 1 cup brown rice (I use frozen packets from Whole Foods)
- organic coconut milk
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- sesame seeds
- 1 lime
- Cook rice according to recipe and stir in 2 tablespoons of coconut milk at the end (keep it covered for an additional minute or so to allow the rice to soak in the coconut milk).
- While rice is cooking, dice veggies to desired size (I peel the carrots for long strands and shave the cabbage into thin strands - this could also be a fun dish to bust out the Spiralizer!)
- Sprinkle shredded coconut into rice/coconut milk mixture and stir. Top with juice of 1/2 a lime.
- Portion into a serving bowl and top with assorted veggies (use as much or as little as you like of everything).
- Drizzle juice of remaining half of lime and Sriracha, as well as sesame seeds.
- Garnish with cilantro (I love cilantro so I use a ton) and enjoy!
- Be sure to make a bowl for lunch using the leftovers!
Do you have any easy weekday meals you like to whip up?!