As June’s “garden party” themed cocktail party continues, I had to include a favorite herb of mine in the line-up – basil. I love how versatile it is, and really can make a dish (or drink) pop! Considering my mom is visiting one of her best friends this week (who introduced me to the Caipirinha), I only thought it fitting to put a fun spin on it. Here you go!
Basil Pepper Caipirinha
- 1 oz lime
- 1 bar spoon sugar
- 10 basil leaves
- 1 bar spoon white pepper corns
- 2 oz Cachaca
- club soda or lime LaCoix soda
- Muddle lime juice, sugar, peppercorns and basil leaves in a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and Cachaca and shake until frosty.
- Strain into an ice filled glass.
- Top with soda and garnish with basil.