image by Micheal Moebius
I was leaving an amazing dinner with my sister and hubby, and what does my sister notice on my brand new jeans?! GUM. The worst thing anyway… or so I thought… One call into my mom later and I was all set… here is what I did (for denim)!
1. Take an ice cube to the gum stain. You want to freeze it through (if you are working with a smaller garment you can put the whole thing in the freezer if you prefer).
2. Use a butter knife (or the backside of a dinner knife) to scrape the gum off. It should come right off!
3. Repeat steps 1-2 until the stain is removed.
4. Run item through the wash with the hottest water the material can handle.
5. Make sure gum is totally removed from article of clothing before putting in the dryer (unless you air dry your clothing).
It will be good as new!