J and I were perusing the farmer’s market the other day when a quaint little stand caught my eye. Blue Chair Fruit is an artisan jam/jelly/butter vendor based out of Oakland that I’ve seen before, but for whatever reason have never given a try… boy do I regret that. One taste later and I was sold – we left with the Black Mission Fig and Pasilla Chile jam, as well as the Spiced Tomato Bourbon Conserve. A few days in and the fig jam was basically gone (when paired with brie and rustic crackers, all my self control was lost), so I knew I needed to figure out something to whip up with the Tomato Jam… here is what I came up with:
Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Spiced Tomato Bourbon Conserve
- Sliced Sourdough bread (I highly recommend going to the Whole Foods bakery and having them slice a loaf for you in-house – IT’S SO GOOD)
- Sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
- Spiced Tomato Bourbon Jam
- Optional: Ham
- Lightly butter both sides of sourdough bread (two slices needed per sandwich – obviously.)
- Head a non-stick pan of medium high heat and heat bread until face down side is golden brown.
- Flip bread over and top with grated cheese. You wan to sear over medium high heat until slightly golden brown and then turn heat to low to melt the cheese.
- Remove from heat and top one side of bread with a tablespoon or two of the tomato jam.
- Add sliced ham (optional) and top with other side of bread.
*This is not a sponsored post… just a brand I’m really excited about and wanted to share with you all! PS If you are local make sure to check them out at Campbell’s and Palo Alto’s Farmer’s Market on Sundays or the San Francisco Ferry Building Farmers Market on Saturdays!