Last week I shared my Lemon Water recipe… today I wanted to share with you my “take to work breakfast shake.” My mom put this recipe together and it is so easy and delicious! The best part? You make the night before and don’t have to worry about prepping anything the day of!
- 2 Tablespoons Chia Seeds
- 2 Tablespoons Hemp Seeds
- 2 Tablespoons PB2
- 12 oz Almond Milk
- Simply put all ingredients into a glass container and shake!
- Let sit overnight and enjoy in the morning.
- A mason jar is a great container, as well as the Nut Milk jars that Whole Foods sells (simply enjoy their in-house vanilla almond milk and clean out the container). I also found that Juice Shop uses the same bottles… so if you are in the city, you can snag one of those as well! I just fill the almond milk to almost the top (still need room to shake).
- Buy your chia seeds at Costco… you get way more bang for your buck (as usual).
- What is PB2? It is basically dehydrated peanut butter, thus removing most of the fat from it – only 45 calories a serving! If you don’t like peanut butter, this shake may not be for you… although they do have a chocolate PB2 that may taste more chocolatey than peanut butter, but I haven’t tried it yet.
- Make sure to make this the night before. The seeds need time to be submerged in liquid, so that you can get the full nutrients.