I’ve had this gorgeous cocktail from Waiting on Martha pinned on my Pintrest board for years but have yet to getting around to making it. But now that I’ve been in a “grapefruit for breakfast” kick, I had a couple extras lying around and decided to (finally) whip this up!
Bruleed Grapefruit & Gin Cocktail
recipe via Waiting on Martha
- 2 grapefruits, halved
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 oz gin
- 4 oz bruleed grapefruit juice (1 large grapefruit = 4 oz of juice)
- 1 oz club soda
- spritz of lime juice
- sprig of thyme
- Place grapefruit halves (fruit side up) on a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with sugars (I eye balled this, sprinkling closer to a couple teaspoon of sugar on each rather than a tablespoon).
- Broil in oven for about 10 minutes or until the sugar begins to caramelize.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Combine ice, gin and grapefruit juice and stir until cold.
- Strain into a glass and top with club soda, spritz of lime and spring of thyme.
* this could also be great over ice!