I had the utmost intention of whipping up some fun cookies as a Valentine’s Day treat, but got wrapped up in cleaning my house and resorted to some easy fail-safe Rice Krisipie treats. It doesn’t hurt that they are one of my Valentine’s favorites…
Brown Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1-10 oz bag marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- Brown butter in a large pot over medium-low heat (it will melt, then foam then slowly brown and smell nutty – just be sure to stir frequently and remove from heat once it browns… you don’t want it to burn!).
- Once you brown butter, remove from heat and stir in marshmallows.
- Slowly fold in rice krispies.
- Transfer to a buttered baking dish and let cool slightly (I used a piece of wax paper to evenly flatten out rice/marshmallow mixture).
- Sprinkle Maldeon sea salt atop Rice Krispie treats
- Cut out heart shapes with a heart shaped cookie cutter.
*Melt white chocolate and stir in a couple drops of red food coloring to create a fun pink icing to decorate your treats!