What better way to rehab from your NYE festivities than with a hearty breakfast?! I introduce to you the Sunny-side Up Breakfast Sandwich…
I love finding delicious but easy food options…and this one takes the cake!
- Puff Pastry
- Applewood Smoked Bacon
- Farm Fresh Eggs
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Simply roll out your puff pastry with a rolling pin and slice into 6-9 squares. I recommend only letting it thaw from the freezer for about 45 minutes (so that it is still cold, but pliable). Then once you slice it, they will still maintain their shape.
2. Transfer puff pastry squares to a Silpat or parchment lined cookie sheet and brush with an egg wash (one egg whisked with a splash of water).
3. Slice bacon pieces in half (lengthwise) and place 2 pieces of bacon per square. Bake for 15-18 minutes.
4. While the pastry puffs are baking, fry your eggs (sunny-side up) in butter and finish with freshly ground pepper.
5. Serve eggs atop bacon covered puff pastry and garnish with chopped chives. Enjoy right away!
* Whole Foods Smoked Applewood Bacon is worth the splurge!