I wanted to make some treats for the people at work and what better way to say thanks than with browned butter and brown sugar?!
Browned Butter Sugar Cookies
Adapted from Cookies and Cups
- 14 Tablespoons butter (FYI a cup is 16 Tablespoons)
- 1 3/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon vanilla
- Melt butter over medium heat and constantly swirl for 8-10 minutes until it turns deep brown. You’ll see little brown flecks at the bottom of the pan… I would pull it off the heat then (because it will burn in no time!). Once brown, let cool for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add brown sugar to the butter. Mix until smooth. Add in the eggs and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Fold the butter mixture into the dry mixture. Refrigerate for about 15 minutes. It will turn your dough from gooey to firm.
- Remove dough from fridge and roll dough into small golf ball size balls. Sprinkle with brown sugar
- Bake for 10 minutes on a Silpat lined cookie sheet.
- The cookies will come out a little puffy but will deflate into the chewiest, tastiest cookie in a matter of minutes. Enjoy!