My CSA box has sent me an influx of pears lately and I was a little overwhelmed with what to do with them. Thankfully Martha Stewart steered me in the right direction (per usual) and I am excited to have a new fall friendly (and gluten free) appetizer option!
- 2 pears (firm, under ripe)
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
- Use a mandolin to thinly slice pears (you don’t have to de-seed or de-stem them).
- Arrange them in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake pear slices for 1 1/2 hours.
- Flip slices them bake 1+ hour more or until edges have started to curl.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
These taste best when served with a triple cream cheese and pecans!