Most of you at this point, know my love of a “large batch” drink for entertaining. While bar carts and DIY cocktail areas are really popular right now, I love a mess-free zone that requires minimal thinking. This past Thanksgiving we greeted our guests with a drink that we could make right before their arrival (these amazing Maple Leaf Martinis) and then provided a Maple Bourbon Cider cocktail (similar composition) that could be made well in advance and had better staying power throughout the evening (didn’t require a cocktail shaker, club soda or anything too high maintenance).
Maple Bourbon Cider
- 6 oz Bourbon
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 cup apple cider
- cayenne pepper
- First decide on how many people/drinks you’d like to make and multiply accordingly. For a group of 12, I multiplied the recipe by 6 (2 drinks per person).
- Measure out your bourbon into your beverage dispenser, cover and set aside.
- Measure out remaining liquid ingredients (lemon juice, maple syrup, apple cider) and mix in an airtight container (I recommend quart size mason jars). Store in the fridge until ready to use (I do this the morning of).
- Right before you guests arrive add apple cider mixture to bourbon and stir to combine.
- Service over large glasses of ice (or a large cube of ice) and sprinkle with cayenne pepper for an added kick (optional).