While I went a little blood orange crazy last year (1, 2, 3), I’ve vowed to tone it down a bit… but that doesn’t mean I can go cold turkey! I’m not usually a Cosmo girl (sorry SATC fans!) – but with a little blood orange and ginger, how could I say no!?
Blood Orange Ginger Cosmo
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 1/2 oz vodka
- 1/2 oz Cointreau
- 1 blood-orange, freshly squeezed
- Placed freshly grated ginger in the bottom of a martini glass.
- Shake vodka, Cointreau and blood orange juice in an ice filled shaker for 30 seconds or until icy.
- Strain into martini glass.
- Garnish with orange wedge, candid ginger, etc.