Somehow between trying to clean out my old pantry before the move and being out of my day to day routine once we got in our new place, I completely spiraled out of control from my eating habits. Chia seeds and kale were taking a back burner to pizza and Starbursts, and my body was not digging it. A juice cleanse and one stern talk to myself later and I got back on the healthy food bandwagon. But as we know I can never completely say goodbye to sweets… so here was a little treat I whipped up to keep me away from the Reeses.
- 1 cup 100% natural peanut butter smooth or crunchy
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 6 tablespoons gluten free rice crisp cereal
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- Stir peanut butter well. Transfer to a large mixing bowl (I recommend using a KitchenAid) and mix in maple syrup for 30-60 seconds until batter becomes thicker.
- Stir in coconut flour (adjusting for how runny the batter still is) and let sit for a moment to allow for flour to absorb extra moisture (add either maple syrup or flour depending on if it is too dry/wet).
- Add salt to taste.
- Mix in cereal.
- Roll mixture into teaspoon sized balls. Layout on a parchment lined dish.
- Transfer to the freezer for 20 minutes until chocolate has set.
Share this Recipe