With my fridge over flowing with citrus right now, I wanted to put together something pretty (and tasty)! Here is a quick and easy salad that is as delicious as it is impressive.
Blood Orange Fennel Salad
- 2 blood oranges
- 2 cara cara oranges
- 1 fennel bulb
- pistachios, chopped
- beet chips
- optional additions:
- frisee lettuce
- pomegranate seeds
- goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- If using frisee or any other type of lettuce, sprinkle as the bottom layer on a large plate.
- Use a mandolin to thinly slice the fennel, then evenly distribute on top of the lettuce.
- Remove rind and pith from oranges and slice into rounds.
- Sprinkle pistachios, beet chips and pomegranate seeds.
- Drizzle with dressing and garnish with fennel fronds.