With apples and oranges taking over the farmers markets these cooler months, I’ve been missing fruity, fun colored cocktails. Luckily, I came across this recipe for some gorgeous Cranberry infused Gin and Tonics to get my fill!
Cranberry Thyme Gin + Tonic
- 3/4 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- splash of orange juice
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- fresh English thyme leaves
- Combine cranberries, sugar, water, orange juice and vanilla extract in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook for 10 to 15 minutes (stirring occasionally) until cranberries soften.
- Add thyme.
- Strain mixture through a fine sieve and store in an air tight container.
- Combine 1 oz of the cranberry syrup and 2 oz gin in an ice filled shaker.
- Shake and pour over ice.
- Top with tonic water and garnish with thyme.