I was excited to see some gorgeous blackberries at the farmers market and wanted to whip up something fun… Here is what I came up with!
Blackberry Basil Splash
- 1.5 oz vodka/rum/tequila
- 5 blackberries
- 4 basil leaves
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- Splash of club soda
- Muddle blackberries and basil in a cocktail shaker.
- Add agave, alcohol and ice into shaker.
- Shake for 10 seconds or so.
- Strain into an ice filled glass and top with club soda.
- Stir and garnish with a basil leaf.
*I made this at a party and was able to create it with vodka, rum and tequila… my favorite was the vodka – but it all comes down to preference 🙂