With spring break traveling in full force, I wanted to share my “Airplane Attire Guide” with you all…hopefully you have (or are planning) a fun getaway to use some of these tips!
I have always prided myself on getting in and out of airport security rather quickly… here are my Top 5 Tips for easy airport travel:
- Dress in light layers. I love maxi skirts/dresses because they are like personal blankets, and when paired with a cozy sweater you will be all set for the near freezing airline temperatures!
- Do NOT accessorize. If I want to have necklaces/bracelets/etc. on when I land, I tuck them into the side of my purse to put on AFTER I go through airport security. Don’t be that person taking off your belt and unbuckling your boots and taking off your jewelry and backing up the security line.
- Wear sandals. People love to wear Lulu and sneakers, but taking off/putting on sneakers is a hassle (unless you are rocking these), so I just put on some flip flops and pack socks for the flight (don’t forget your pre-trip pedi!).
- Be mindful of carry-on rules. As I have said before, I pretty much solely carry-on. That being said, you sometimes have to get crafty with the carry-on rules. I only travel with a small handbag (love cross body bags like this one), which I then tuck into a larger bag (usually a beach bag or larger tote, to accommodate travel extras such as snacks, my kindle, camera and any magazines/last minute packing additions. I also include my toiletry bag in my carry on (at least to go through security), and then add it to my luggage before boarding.
- Keep valuables close. NEVER EVER put valuables in your luggage. Whether you are carrying on jewelry, a camera, iPad, or anything of personal value to you, I HIGHLY recommend you keep it in your carry on (especially if you are checking your bag). Another tip, if you check your bag – pack a back-up outfit/swimsuit in your carry on, should your luggage get misplaced for a day or two…
By following these simple rules, I’m confident you will have a smoother time going through airport security.
*Beauty Tip: I really advise traveling with your hair up and face make-up free. Applying moisturizer during the trip has been a major skin saver… and don’t forget lip balm!