In honor of the World Cup being held in Brazil I wanted to whip up a special Fun Drink Friday in honor of the host country! The Caipirinha is Brazil’s national cocktail, made with cachaca (a spirit made from sugarcane juice), lime juice and sugar… I wanted to put a fun spin on it, so I introduce you to the Ginger Caipirnha! I made it in pitcher form so you can enjoy the game without mixing cocktails!
- 1 large piece of ginger (peeled, cut into 1/4 inch pieces)
- 3/4 cups sugar (I used brown sugar because it was all I had)
- 12 limes (juice 9 of them and quarter the last 3)
- 1 bottle cachaca
- Muddle ginger and sugar in the bottom of a pitcher. You want to really mash the ginger and create a sort of paste.
- Add lime juice and cachaca to ginger/sugar mixture and stir.
- Pour cocktail into an crushed ice filled glass and finish with a squeezed lime wedge.
- Sip away!