Almost 3 years into the blog and sometimes whipping up new and innovative cocktails can be a bit of a stretch (that’s over 150 Fun Drink Fridays!!!). To then find one that truly blows me away is pretty rare – but this one gets me pretty excited for the warm summer months ahead (like I need any more reason!?).
Watermelon Coconut Cooler
- 2 full cups watermelon, cubed
- 12 oz coconut water (Harmless Harvest is the best!)
- 6 ounces tequila
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 lime cut into wheels
- Puree watermelon cubes in a blender for 5-10 seconds, set aside.
- Muddle coconut water and lime wedges in a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and tequila and shake for 10-20 seconds (until icy).
- Strain tequila mixture evenly into 4 ice filled glasses.
- Fill remainder of glass with watermelon puree
- Stir and garnish with a lime wheel.