Anyone who has dined with my husband and I, will never know what I am going to order and will ALWAYS know what J will order. In honor of the soon to be birthday boy, I am sharing his favorite (and only) cocktail – the vodka press. This was my first ever “Fun Drink Friday” post, but in honor of “Fall Back Friday” I thought I’d update the pictures (sans flash… ouff) and give everyone a reminder of this amazingly refreshing drink.
Vodka Press with Muddled Cucumber
- 1 inch of cucumber, sliced
- 2 oz vodka
- 4 oz club soda
- Muddle cucumber slices in the bottom of a cocktail shaker until juices are released.
- Add vodka, ice and shake.
- Strain into an ice filled glass and add club soda.
- Top with a splash of Sprite.
- Stir and cheers to J’s birthday!
This cocktail is also great on its own (without cucumber) or try subbing different fruit in place of the cucumber. Our favorites? Blueberries, strawberries or peaches… but it’s really hard to go wrong!
PS We’ve yet to find someone who doesn’t like this drink… vodka lover or not…. so definitely try it if you haven’t (and your 21+ of course!)