I love my fair share of margaritas… and love to try a wide variety of concoctions (ginger-jalapeno, watermelon, spicy strawberry, etc.), but I started laughing when I found out I’ve never shared my basic lime margarita recipe with you all! In honor of Cinco de Mayo, I present to you…
Classic Lime Margarita
- 1 1/2 oz high quality tequila
- 1 oz fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 oz orange liqueur (i.e. Cointreau)
- A heavy splash of agave (more or less to taste)
- Add ingredients into a shaker and shake with ice.
- Strain into an ice filled glass (rimmed with lime juice and salt if you prefer) and garnish with lime.