I love dinners that transition well to lunches the next day. Considering most recipes make enough for 4 people, I have to make sure to I really LOVE what I’m making (enough for a couple rounds of leftovers). This salad is a great option! Super healthy, tons of Omega-3s, and under 400 calories per serving!
Southwestern Salmon Cobb Salad
adapted from Eating Well
- 1 lb wild salmon, skinned
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce framed canned chipotles + 1 tablespoon minced chipotle in adobe
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt or reduced fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 10 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 bunch radishes, sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatos, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Make dressing by mixing greek yogurt/sour cream, vinegar, water, minced chipotles and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Store in fridge until ready to use.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Divide salmon into 4 equal portions and brush with adobo sauce and sprinkle with salt.
- Grill salmon, turning once, until opaque – about 3 minutes per side.
- Divide greens, salmon and toppings among 4 plates (or 2 plates and 2 Tupperwares for tomorrow!). Serve dressing on the side and enjoy!
*In a pinch I buy honey smoked salmon portions at Whole Foods. They can be served cold and are an easy addition to this salad if you don’t feel like grilling.
**If you are out of chipotles, I also recommend using dried chipotle powder in the dressing.
Per Serving (according to EatingWell.com): 385 calories, 22 g far, 91 mg cholesterol; 13 g carbohydrate, 0 g added sugar; 37 g protein, 7 g fiber, 696 mg sodium, Nutritional bonuses – 85% daily value of Vitamin A, 62% DV of folate, 60% DV of Vitamin C, 42% DV of Potassium