I was cleaning out my recipe file when I came across this gem – a Spicy Bourbon Citrus cocktail that’s great for crowds. You just need a few hours to infuse the bourbon, freshly squeeze some juice and you’re all set!
Spicy Bourbon Citrus Cocktail
- 4 Fresno chiles, halved lengthwise
- 750 ml bourbon
- 1 3/4 cup dry vermouth
- 1 3/4 cups fresh grapefruit juice ( about 3 grapefruits)
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup simple syrup
- Infuse chile halves with bourbon for 30 minutes.
- Remove chiles and add vermouth, grapefruit juice, lime juice and simple syrup to infused bourbon.
- Chill in fridge until cold.
- Add lime wheels and additional chile halves to pitcher before serving.
- Serve over lots of ice.
This drink is pretty strong, so be ready to pour it over a lot of ice and let it chill for a bit before enjoying it, or top with club soda if you aren’t willing to wait… or just man up and get to sippin’!