One of my favorite cocktails is a prickly pear margarita. While the taste is amazing, it’s the color that really tops everything off – it’s basically my dream pink scenario. I first discovered this fabulous cocktail in Vegas at Mesa Grill and have since tried to duplicate it to share on the blog… but I’ve never been able to figure it out (or track down the beautiful produce!), but thanks to Good Eggs, I’ve been able to ship a pound of them to my doorstep for under $2!!
Prickly Pear Margarita
makes 2 servings
- 4 prickly pears
- 4 oz tequila
- 1.5 oz orange liqueur
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 0.5 oz honey
- Slice prickly pears in half lengthwise, scoop out the fruit and transfer to a blender.
- Puree until liquified and strain into a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice, tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice and honey to prickly pear and shake vigorously.
- Strain into ice filled glasses and garnish with lime. Enjoy!
* Mix chipotle chile powder with salt for a fun take on a salted rim!