My mom is a very clean eater, and it isn’t until you try to plan brunch for a paleo/gluten free/dairy free/sugar free individual who is avoiding fruit that you realize just how unhealthy brunch tends to be. Oh vay. Luckily we came across this amazing recipe from Cookin’ Canuk that not only is healthy and makes you feel wonderful – but tastes even better! If you are looking for a clean but satisfying breakfast option – this is for you!
Sweet Potato Hash with Avocado Cream
- 3-4 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1-2 russett potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1-2 can black beans
- 6 strips of bacon
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- sea salt
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender (about 5-8 minutes).
- Drain potatoes.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and sautee until fragrant (about 1 minute).
- Add drained potatoes and season with salt.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes until potatoes start to brown.
- Stir in black beans, bacon and cilantro until incorporated.
- Serve hash with a dollop of avocado cream and enjoy!
- 2 avocados
- 2/3 cup greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- juice of 2 limes
- 4 tablespoons cilantro
- Add ingredients into a food processor and blend until fully combined.