The heatwave the last couple of weeks has inspired me to step up my “light and refreshing snack game.” My little sister makes a mean granita, so I decided to give it a go, with my own spin… I introduce you to – Honeydew Rose Granita.
- Heat sugar and water in a saucepan until boiling, let cool.
- Puree honeydew with simple syrup and rosewater in a blender.
- Pour into a 8 inch square pan and freeze, covered about 2 hours (until firm at edges).
- Stir thoroughly.
- Cover again and freeze until solid, overnight.
- Scrape granita with a fork to make large flakes.
Share this Recipe
If you’re looking to put a festive spin on an adult slushy, adding a shot of vodka and topping a 1/2 cup of granita with club soda is pretty epic option.