My mom’s egg salad is one of my favorite snacks, but when she whipped this recipe for us, I think we have a new winner in town! This healthier spin on egg salad, is packed full of veggies (and flavor!) and doesn’t even have you missing out on the fact the main ingredients is MIA (also you lose the smell factor when you sub chickpeas for eggs, which really helps when you bring it for lunch)
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas drained, rinsed
- 2 stalks celery finely chopped
- 3 green onions finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dill pickle finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegan mayo
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1.5 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill minced
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- Mash chickpeas in a large bowl.
- Stir in celery, green onions, pickles, peppers, mayo and garlic.
- Add mustard, dill, lemon juice and season. Adjust seasoning as needed.
- Serve on Bibb lettuce, toasted bread, chips or in a wrap!
Share this Recipe