I love aviator glasses and Ray-Bans are no exception… but I found a few days into owning a pair that they wouldn’t stay on my head! My Social Media feeds are filled of people running, hiking and playing in them – so how can this be?! Anytime I was reading on the beach, taking a walk with friends or even something as quick as picking up take out, they would be sliding down my face. Not ideal for a $100 pair of sunglasses that are supposed to be protecting your eyes, not your nose.
Luckily my youngest sister swooped in to save the day! Here is her super easy tutorial on how to get those glasses to stay put, without making a trip for a special fitting at the Sunglass Hut.
*Sorry if you don’t own a pair, or do and don’t have this problem… 🙂
1. The gold aviators are the “Before” and the black aviators are the “After.” Notice how the black are tapered inward?
2. Begin by laying your glasses on a flat surface.
3. Hold the arms of your sunglasses with your thumbs facing each other (as in the picture below). Gently push in the earpiece inward.
4. The image below depicts the final product of Step 3. Note that you are bending it slightly in – you just want it to have some more pressure on your temples so it isn’t sliding off your face.
5. Hold the arms of your sunglasses once again, but this time with your thumbs facing downward and parallel to each other (as in image below). Gently bend the earpiece down.
6. This step allows you to bend the earpiece to wrap around your ear more as to prevent any movement.
7. Tweak the arms according to your ear placement, face structure, etc., but you should be good to go in under 5 minutes!
6. Now the “Before” and “After” match!
Do you have any sunglass care tips?
My favorite pairs in my closet right now are these, these and these.
Thank you!!! This was exactly what I was looking for. Now I don’t have to wait to wear my aviators!
Yay! Happy sunglass wearing! 🙂
Hi! For the green mirror lenses – do you know what size they are… 52 or 55m?
Awesome! Working so far.
Perfect! Thank you!!! Now I can finally wear them!
You are a genius! Was about to return them and this saved me! Thank you!!
Yay! I’m so glad it worked out for you 🙂
Thank you so much, awesome post. I recently got a pair and they constantly slip down my nose thought I would never been able to wear them.
This is such an awesome tip! Worked perfectly. Thank god, thought I had to throw $150 out the window. Thanks!
Good tip. But if it still does not work, you may try using these silicone sleeves, http://betasimplicity.com/frictionsleeve.html. Just need to check that the glasses temple tip is more than 3 mm in width.
Thank you so much. That was very quick and easy!
Why didn’t I figure this out 😂 I was loathing my gorgeous sunnies more and more each day!! You’re awesome x
Thanks a lot.
Thank youuu…this is exactly what I was looking for..bought these for my grand pa but they were too large..now they’re perfect.
THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH FOR THIS INFO. I have had these glasses for years and have SUFFEREED with them falling down and off my face!!! NO MORE!!! I owe you a drink so if you are ever in Baton Rouge or New Orleans hit me up!
Thank you for your research!! I was thinking I was gonna have to return mine bc this didn’t fit!!