I was looking for something surprising, fun and festive to whip up for Easter Sunday cocktails. When I came across this recipe on Camille Styles, I knew I needed to give it a try. The fennel and celery juice gives an unexpected twist to the tart grapefruit juice, and if you can get past the fact green juice is being poured into your adult beverage, you will find out it’s worth the risk!
Fennel Grapefruit Cocktail
recipe via Camille Styles
- 6 stalks of celery
- 2 small fennel bulbs
- 5 cups of grapefruit juice
- 1 cup grapefruit soda
- 6 cups of vodka
- a couple dashes of orange bitters
- fennel fronds and grapefruit peel (optional garnish)
- Wash and dry the fennel and celery and slice into 2-3 inch pieces.
- Juice the veggies and add the juice to a large pitcher.
- Add the grapefruit juice, grapefruit soda, vodka and about 10-15 drops of bitters. Stir to combine.
- Fill glasses with ice and pour vodka grapefruit mixture.
- Top with fennel fronds and grapefruit peel and serve.
* This recipe was doubled, so I separated the vegetable juice from the grapefruit vodka mixture in different pitchers (adding half and half to each glass) – if the pictures are confusing you 🙂