I have a handful of entrees that I have ordered more times than I can count, yet still never get sick of… this salad is one of them. Cheesecake Factory’s Boston House Salad (sub Balsamic Vinaigrette for Ranch dressing), is one of my favorites – and while I order it all of the time, I’ve never made it at home. Luckily that changed this past weekend… here is my copycat recipe for (my version) of Cheesecake Factory’s Boston House Salad
Boston House Salad
- 1 head butter leaf lettuce
- 3 pieces applewood bacon
- 2 hardboiled eggs
- 1/4 cup gorgonzola crumbles
- 2 tomatoes
- croutons (optional)
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar (I used a little less)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pulse garlic cloves in a blender until minced, then add in remaining ingredients and blend until emulsified.
- Wash , dry and hand tear lettuce leaves. Add to a bowl.
- Cook bacon and chop into large bite-sized pieces. Add to salad.
- Hard boil eggs (see tips below). Let cool and coarsely chop. Add to salad.
- Sprinkle with gorgonzola crumbles, croutons (if using) and drizzle with dressing. Toss to incorporate.
- Garnish with tomato slices.
Tips on how to hard boil eggs:
- Put 4-6 eggs in a pan of cold water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once water comes to a full, rolling boil, turn off the heat, remove from the burner and cover with a lid.
- Let sit for 10 minutes (4-6 minutes for soft boiled).
- Drain and cover with ice water.
- Let sit for about a minute then crack, peel and eat.