I’m not a coffee drinker but sometimes I crave that richness that tea just can’t give you. The Bowl of Soul from my favorite coffee shop – Verve, hits the spot! Here is my copy cat recipe:
Bowl of Soul
- 1 cup vanilla soy or almond milk
- loose leaf tea (I prefer coconut or chamomile)
- Heat up milk over medium heat in a small saucepan.
- Let come to low boil (until milk gets a little frothy) and turn off heat.
- Place 2 tablespoons of loose leaf tea into a tea filter.
- Let tea steep in warm milk and cover saucepan with a lid. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add a bit of honey (depending on your sweetness preferences) to the bottom of a mug and top with tea/milk mixture.
- Sprinkle with a dash of nutmeg.
* If you have a milk frother, giving it a whirl after step 5 would be a great addition!