The specialty cocktail at the hotel from our honeymoon was Rum Punch. It wasn’t overly sweet, and was super refreshing… the perfect way to cool down after a rough day at the beach. To celebrate Valentine’s Day I wanted to whip up a fun version of Rum Punch that would bring us back to that amazing week… love at first… sip?
Strawberry Blood Orange Rum Punch
recipe via Bojon Gourmet
- 4 strawberries
- 1 tsp cane sugar
- 2 oz blood orange juice (from 1 orange)
- 1 oz meyer lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon)
- 1/2 oz lime juice (from 1/2 lime
- 1 1/2 oz white rum
- 1/2 oz dark rum
- Muddle strawberries and sugar in a cocktail shaker until juices are released and sugar has dissolved.
- Add citrus juice and give a quick stir.
- Strain through a mesh sieve to remove pump.
- Pour remaining juice into an ice filled glass and top with white and dark rum. Stir.
- Top with sparkling water and garnish with a lime wedge or small strawberry.