via Room No 7
With summer coming to an end (weh.), my sisters and I have been trying to enjoy as much pool time as possible. Pool time = bikinis, and while I may not be beach ready, I certainly can fake it. I introduce you to my “Bikini Friendly Menu” (aka gluten free/predominately raw diet) – to be enjoyed poolside and with as few boys present as possible (they will be too hungry after eating it).
Watermelon, Heirloom Tomato & Strawberry Salad Salad
- watermelon (cubed)
- strawberries (quartered)
- heirloom tomatoes (cut into bite sized pieces)
- red onion (cut into thin slivers)
- basil (cut into strips)
- feta (optional, if vegan)
*I just wung it with measurements, so just add as much or as little of each ingredient that you like!
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Combine fruit and red onion in a large bowl.
- Top with a little Maldon sea salt.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over salad.
- Time permitting chill for 30 minutes or so.
- Sprinkle with basil and feta and enjoy!
This salad is so refreshing and delicious… definitely a new staple in my salad/side dish line up!
Prosciutto Wrapped Peaches with Basil
- peaches (sliced)
- balsamic reduction
- Wrap peach slices in prosciutto.
- Then wrap with basil leaf (secure with a skewer if possible).
- Drizzle with balsamic reduction and dig in!
Not only are these a delicious poolside snack, but they make a great summer appetizer as well!
- cucumbers (cut into matchsticks)
- carrots (cut into matchsticks)
- mango (cut into matchsticks)
- jicama (cut into matchsticks)
- avocado (cut into matchsticks)
- purple cabbage (shredded)
- rice paper wrappers
- Soak rice paper wrappers.
- Fill with assorted veggies.
- Roll into a burrito/spring roll shape.
- Dip in peanut, soy-ginger or Vietnamese dipping sauce.