- 9 large baking potatoes, peeled & diced
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- salt & pepper
- Place the diced potatoes in a large saucepan and add water to cover. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer over medium heat until tender. Drain.
- Place the potatoes in a mixer bowl. Cut the butter and cream cheese into small pieces and add to the potatoes. Beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in the sour cream. Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or reheat in a buttered casserole dish at 300* for 20 minutes (if you choose to prepare them in advance).
*You also can:substitute low or non-fat versions for cream cheese and sour cream. You also can cook the potatoes in chicken broth and omit the butter!