Every year we look forward to hosting two of our favorite people – Kevan and Anita around the holidays. It is so fun to menu plan, decorate and cook with my mom and sisters, and the final product this year was our best yet (according to my dad)! Here were some of the highlights:
- Lobster Diakon Rolls
- Brie with Cherry Apricot Chutney
- Stuffed Mushrooms
- Caviar Dip
- Mushroom Bisque
- Prawn Avocado Mango Tower
- Risotto with Crab and Balsamic Glaze
- Chocolate Mousse
A few fun notes from the party:
- When making stuffed mushrooms gently slice off a sliver of the mushroom cap (which will become the base of the stuffed mushroom) to prevent any movement or toppling over.
- An easy placecard idea is to tuck a twine wrapped bundle of rosemary and cinnamon sticks with a rustic name tag into the napkin.
- Do a seating chart. I know people feel a seating chart is too formal, but putting thought into creating a seating arrangement that will yield the most fun and interaction is key. We also prefer a “don’t sit couples together approach.”
Do you have a favorite holiday party you attend or host every year?