In honor of Thanksgiving, I wanted to share the dish I most look forward to – my mom’s Praline Sweet Potato Casserole. It basically is a dessert, disguised as a side dish, and isn’t that what holiday eating is all about!?
- 4 cups of mashed sweet potatoes (I actually use yams)
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of light cream or orange juice
- 2 teaspoons of brandy extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1e teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine all potato mixture ingredients.
- Spread in a 2 quart baking dish.
- Combine all praline topping ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Spread praline topping over potato.
- Bake at 350* for 30 minutes.
So if you are looking for a dish to bring to your thanksgiving festivities, look no further – THIS IS IT.