- Pick out your vase, rinse it out, then fill with clean water.
- Remove your flowers from its carrier and clean each stem (remove all leaves that will be below the waterline).
- Cut each stem at a diagonal at the desired length (I recommend removing at least an inch).
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of bleach to water (helps to fight bacteria).
- Sprinkle some sugar into the water – it acts as great nutrients for them.
- Change the water every other day. Make sure to trim each stem at a diagonal when you change the water.
- Try to keep your flowers out of direct sunlight and in a cool place.
- Enjoy your flowers for an extra long time!
[…] to designing. I have been collecting glass vases the past few months, so I made sure to follow my flower prep guide and make arrangements […]