Here a few helpful hints to help around the house…
- Always let a candle burn fully so that the wax has melted completely through the candle. When you don’t do this it results in an unevenly burnt candle and decreases its shelf life. You can help save it by making a little foil cover and burning it until it evenly melts. Make sure to also cut your wick before lighting your candle (too long of wick will result in a smoking candle).
- To remove reside from a blender, pour 1/2 cup warm water and 1/3 baking soda in blender and run for 30 seconds. Rinse.
- Clean your filters! This is definitely a category that I’m working on but cleaning out filters (in your vacuum, in your dryer, etc.) is critical. It can cause over heating and ultimately the demise of your device/machine, etc. Here are some great tutorials for your hair dryer, dryer lint filter and vacuum.
- Always bring meat to room temperature before grilling it. I bring mine out of the fridge about an hour before cooking. It will help it to distribute the heat and brown it evenly. This also goes for poultry and fish, although I don’t keep it out as long.
- Rubbing alcohol is a great stain remover. Don’t use it on a wood finish, but when trying to remove stains off of clothing, rubber soles of shoes, or your carpet a little bit on a rag is a great way to lift pesky stains!
- Don’t forget to clean your disposal (or run it for that matter). Nothing is worse than coming back from work (or worse – vacation) and realizing something was left behind in the disposal. Make sure to run it every time you put something in there. I also recommend cleaning it a couple times a month. I use this tutorial for a fresh/natural option.