Now that most of my summer evenings are spent lounging at my parent’s pool, I don’t want to show up empty handed! This cherry basil bruschetta is the perfect appetizer to bring over and is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Cherry Basil Bruschetta
recipe via Oh She Glows
- 1 cup fresh cherries, pitted/finely chopped
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, hulled/finely chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves, minced
- 3 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- 5 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 fresh baguette, sliced at an angle inch 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- balsamic reduction
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine cherries, strawberries, tomatoes, basil, mint, onion and vinegar. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Brush one side of each piece of bread with olive oil and place oil side down on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes until golden brown.
- Top bruschetta onto baguette toast pieces and drizzle with balsamic reduction.
Just prep the topping and toasted bread ahead of time and assemble before serving!