I love to take advantage of soup making on rainy days, and while this and this soup were my go to last winter, this Harvest Soup is going to be my new staple. The hint of apple really adds an unexpected twist and the coconut milk leaves you with the richest, ceramist soup… delicious!
Fall Harvest Soup
via Blissful Basil
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 green apple, peeled and cubed
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Heat coconut oil in a large stock pot over medium low heat. Sauté onion in pot until translucent (5-7 minutes).
- Add butternut squash, sweet potato, apple, vegetable broth, spices and stir gently until combined.
- Turn up the heat to medium-high heat, cover and cook for 25 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Remove from heat and use an immersion blender to puree.
- After a minute or so of pureeing, slowly drizzle in coconut milk and sea salt and puree until smooth.
- Swerve warm and garnish with pumpkin seeds, pomegranate seeds, sliced green onions, and/or radish sprouts