We often set up a full bar when we have people over, but there is something great about making a pitcher of drinks that people can help themselves to! Here were a couple drinks we mixed up last weekend:
Now this is where I am kicking myself for not being more tech savvy, because this post calls for a video tutorial. Why you ask? Because today’s guest blogger is none other than my English pal Craig Hughes aka he has an English accent and therefore would make a pretty awesome narrator for this post. He is going to teach us how to make the famous English drink – Pimm’s… it is the most refreshing drink and is the perfect thing to whip up for your summer parties… so grab a pitcher, Pimm’s, and let’s get mixing! By the way, Craig originally was claiming this was a TOP Secret family recipe and couldn’t be coaxed into sharing it… but a couple glasses of Pimm’s later and he spilled the secret!
PS Don’t forget to read this with your best accent 🙂 Take it away Craig!
I have absolutely no clue about quantities… But I make it as follows:
- I put in enough ice to fill 1/3 of the pitcher.
- I tend to put about 1/2 a bottle of Pimm’s in there (that takes up 1/3 of the pitcher covering all of the ice).
- I then put in a bunch of fruit (I use: 6 strawberries – the number of my position at rugby, an orange that is cut into 1/8’s, a lemon cut into 1/8’s, half a cucumber – sliced, a handful of mint leaves).
- Then, fill that bad boy up with Sprite.
- Now here’s the key move in this whole process: Stir slowly for 32 seconds (not a second less or more).
- I’d then leave in the fridge for 30 mins so that the concoction can fuse together (I’d personally recommend watching cricket or rugby at this point whilst discussing the royal family).
- Now it’s time to serve. I’d recommend putting ice in each glass before pouring. I also would cut up more fruit that was not used originally in the pitcher and place that in the glasses (sometimes you don’t get a piece of every fruit you want when you pour… we don’t want to leave anyone disappointed).
- Grab your best mate, clink those glasses, say ‘Tally Hoeeee’ and you are away!