I received some rhubarb in my Farm Fresh to You box (use code: WHIT1117 for $10 off!) and figured what better way to use it then in a fun seasonal cocktail?
First I created a Rhubarb Simple Syrup…
- 3-4 stalks of rhubarb, chopped
- 1/4 honey
- 1/2 water
- Bring ingredients to a boil in a saucepan.
- Once it comes to a boil, reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- Let cool for a bit and strain through a fine mesh sieve.
- Store in the fridge until ready to use!
Now onto the cocktail…
- 2 oz vodka or gin
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 1/2 – 1 1/2 oz Rhubarb Simple Syrup (adjust depending to sweetness preference)
- Sprite/Club Soda/Lemon flavored Sparkling Water
- Mix alcohol, lemon juice and simple syrup into an ice filled cocktail shaker.
- Shake for a good 30 seconds, until shaker is frosty.
- Strain into an ice filled tumblr and top with soda.
Happy Birthday Anita! I owe you this birthday drink! xo