I’m always looking for easy, healthy meal options (even better if I like them enough for leftovers the next day) and this salad fits the bill. My sister whipped it up for lunch one day and now I make sure to have it a couple times a week for dinner (and a couple lunches)… it’s SO GOOD.
- 1 head of red leaf/butter lettuce (hand torn is best)
- 1 ear of fresh corn (corn cut from core, not cooked)
- 1-2 heirloom tomatoes or 1/2 pint of cherry tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 avocado (diced)
- 10-15 basil leaves (sliced into strips)
- 1 small shallot (minced)
- ~1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup good olive oil
- Make the dressing by combing shallot, Dijon, red wine vinegar and salt in a jar. Shake until well combined and drizzle in olive oil and mix until combined.
- Combine salad ingredients – if you aren’t enjoying it right away, put basil aside and put it atop your salad right before
- Toss with dressing and enjoy!
This would also be great with grilled chicken breast for a dinner salad!